Ms. Nguyen Hoang Khanh Tien
Member of the Board
Ms. Nguyen Hoang Khanh Tien has had over 12 years of experience working in community development for non-governmental and non-profit organizations, especially in the field of child and youth development. She has been working with NGOs to develop programs and projects, share initiatives and apply skills training models for children and young adults in Vietnam.
Khanh Tien believes that education, employment and sustainable methods of community participation will play an important role in building and maintaining a favorable environment for the development of our children.
- 2009 – 2019: NGO Save The Children International (SCI)
- 2016 – 2019: Senior project officer;
- 2013 – 2016: Project officer;
- 2009 – 2012: Project Assistant.
Experience in project implementation and partnership management:
1. Developing children and young adults through projects in the field of poverty reduction and education:
- 2016 – 2019: Program “Improve job search capacity for immigrant students” in Can Tho and Hai Phong;
- 2017 – 2019: Project “Improve quality and equality in access to education of migrant children” in Dong Nai;
- 2014 – 2016: Project “Skills for Success” and “Skills for Saving and Success” in Da Nang and Can Tho;
- 2009 – 2016: Project “Start Smart” in Ho Chi Minh City, Hai Phong, Can Tho;
- 2010: Project "Parents' participation in school education" in Ho Chi Minh City;
2. The field of clean water and environmental protection:
- 2012 – 2013: Project: “Green Community for Children” in Tien Giang and Can Tho;
3. HIV prevention and reproductive health:
- 2010: Project "Reproductive health education and HIV prevention" for students aged 11-18 in Can Tho.
Experience in teaching, document development, project consulting:
Responsible for professional skills, personal financial management, career skills and job search skills for 5 projects of Save the Children, including:
- Directly trained about 807 source lecturers within the framework of the project in knowledge, skills and how to use the project's curriculum in teaching;
- Composed and developed textbooks and professional documents for the project;
- Taught at educational institutions and social enterprises on job search skills and personal financial management;
- Consulted projects for FPT University Can Tho (2018); Dat Butter (2018); Green Horizon Company (2018); WellSpring School Hanoi (2017); The Dariu Foundation (2010, 2011, 2012); Project group "Reading books with children" in Can Thanh, Can Gio (2020).
- 2006 – 2010: Bachelor of Sociology - University of Social Sciences and Humanities, Ho Chi Minh City;
- 2008 – 2009: Scholarship of the Vietnam Advertising Research and Training Institute (ARTI) – Training courses for public relations specialists & event organizers.
Community activities, achievements and awards:
- 2018 – present: Founded and coordinated the “Youth and Mentors” network;
- 2013: Selected by Thanh Nien newspaper in the list of "100 creative Vietnamese citizens for aspirations" for contributions in the field of community development;
- 2015: Awarded the title “Staff with excellent contributions to the activities of Save the Children International in Vietnam in 2015”;
- Write opinion articles on social issues for VNExpress and Thanh Nien newspaper.
“I strongly believe that education, employment and sustainable community engagement will play an important role in building and maintaining an environment conducive to children's development”.