Breast Cancer Network Vietnam (BCNV) in co-operation with FWD Life Insurance Vietnam (FWD) and the Bank for Foreign Trade of Vietnam (Vietcombank) carry out the campaign “EARLY PROTECT, LIVE CONFIDENTLY”, from 21st July to 20th August, 2020.
YOUNG PEOPLE WITH CANCER INCREASE IN VIETNAM
According to GLOBOCAN statistics in 2018, the estimated cancer incidence rate aged 15-29 in Vietnam ranked third in Southeast Asia, while the estimated cancer mortality rate among the same age group was the highest in the region. Although there are not many statistics on the increased number of young cancer patients in Vietnam, actual treatment practice show that all types of cancers can be diagnosed in young people.
Despite the increasing rate of cancer in young Vietnamese adults, many people are still indifferent to their own health. The sedentary lifestyle, which only focuses on studying and working, immoderate eating and drinking and not spending enough time relaxing physically and mentally, has become a common thing for many young people.
Acknowledging this problem, BCNV has cooperated with FWD and Vietcombank to launch the campaign “Early protect, Live confidently” with the hope of encouraging young people to pursue a healthy lifestyle and prevent cancer at early stages. At the same time, the campaign also aims to raise money to build more wig libraries for cancer patients in Vietnam.
SPREAD THE CONFIDENCE WITH BCNV
Along with BCNV in the journey of spreading the “early protect to live confidently” message are the three campaign ambassadors: Le Ho Ngoc Diem (25 years old), Tran Bao Ngoc (28 years old) and Trieu Thi Thanh Truc (29 years old). They all have to face cancer in their twenties, yet still full of laughs and hopes for the future.
More than anyone, they are well aware that life can be full of unexpected circumstances. However, a healthy lifestyle and initiative attitude in cancer prevention can help us face all difficulties confidently and optimistically.
Our campaign chooses the umbrella as the symbol as it is a shelter to protect people. Just like how it can protect us from the sun and rain, you can also become an “umbrella” to protect yourself, your loved ones and many “cancer warriors” right from today!
HOW TO CONTRIBUTE TO BUILD WIG LIBRARIES:
BCNV encourages our community to “donate umbrella” to build wig libraries in oncology hospitals, boosting the confidence in cancer patients who lost their hair due to chemotherapy.
Duration: From 21st July to 20th August, 2020.
How to contribute:
- Option 1: Post a photo/drawing of the umbrella and write a message to the young about early cancer prevention; or share this post to your timeline. Your post must be set to Public and include 4 hashtags: #SomBaoVe #TuTinSong #VCBFWD #BCNV. For each post, you contribute 9,900 VND to build wig libraries.
- Option 2: Or, together with FWD to promote the message “early protect to live confidently” and bring strength to thousands of K warriors, you can help us by registering FWD Cancer Insurance on iFWD-VCB at bit.ly/FWDVCB. For each successful contract, 99,000 VND will be contributed to the project.
With this campaign, BCNV aims to frundraise to establish 02 new wig libraries for cancer patients in Vietnam, located in:
- Gia Dinh People’s Hospital – Ho Chi Minh City
- Bach Mai Hospital – Hanoi
Each wig library will have 50 set of wigs with various hairstyles for male and female adults, as well as for children.
GIFTS FOR DEVOTED PARTICIPANTS IN THE CAMPAIGN:
- The first 50 people to post photo/drawing of an umbrella, set it to Public along with 4 hashtags of the campaign: 01 umbrella + 01 BCNV information set about breast cancer and breast self-examination.
- 20 posts with the highest number of likes: 01 voucher to buy FWD Cancer Insurance (up to 300,000 VND) for individual. Benefits of the insurance value 100,000,000 VND.
- Top 10 most inspiring stories: stories about how cancer patients or their friends, family members face with cancers; along with photos/drawings of the umbrella: 01 set of voucher to buy FWD Cancer Insurance for a family – each set includes 03 vouchers to buy FWD Cancer Insurance (up to 500,000 VND) for individual. Benefits of the insurance value 200,000,000 VND.
If you have any question or suggestion for our campaign and BCNV, kindly contact:
- Fanpage BCNV: https://www.facebook.com/bcnvietnam/
- Email: email@example.com
- Hotline: 089 808 3313
Latest information about the campaign will be updated regularly on Breast Cancer Network Vietnam fanpage.
ABOUT BCNV’S WIG LIBRARY PROJECT:
BCNV Wig library is a project of making wigs from real hair contributed by the community, and lending them for free to poor cancer patients who lost their hair due to chemotherapy.
From 2015 to present, there have been more than 3,000 hair donors; 05 wig libraries have been operating at hospitals and oncology departments all over Vietnam, available at: Hanoi Oncology Hospital, Da Nang Oncology Hospital, Nghe An Oncology Hospital, National Institute of Hematology and Blood Transfusion, and Cho Ray Hospital HCMC.